Welcome to my Blog!

Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Blog 1- Diary Entry Constantinople (Justinian's World)


Dear Diary,
This letter is to anyone who read it. I wanted to inform you of some recent events. A man named Justinian just took power, a military man. He and his wife are very powerful people, they took all our money away, but every 3 days we have a town meeting and tell us about other civilizations that have money but their town is in a horrible state. They ask us every time if we wanted that. Some people said yes and some said no, but the ones that replied yes were killed on the spot. So life is good.... for now.

Dear Diary,
I am writing again to anyone, they have started working on this colossal cathedral here at the centre of our town and said to be a great place for praying. Soon I started to break a rule that if I get caught, they’re going to kill me; I started to work more to make more money and hid the money in my shoes. I had some close calls but I’m alright. I even managed to go to a couple chariot races with the illegal money.

Dear Diary,
Around a year later, at one of the games 35,000 people were killed right next to me! I was extremely lucky to get home alive because a friend of mine worked there and new the passages blindfolded. The entire empire strikes! For a reason I’m not sure yet. Although we had better technology, they told us every 3 days at those meetings, (which we hadn’t had in a while now because of the strikes) and a better life Justinian wasn’t his soldiers and they turned against him. Anyway I hear something or someone coming

No comments:

Post a Comment